Exhibitions, screenings and round tables
- Gianni Motti (CH/I) - Installation & videos - january 23rd-march 23rd
Gianni Motti leads an exemplary life. Real master in the art of appropriation, he knows like nobody how to infiltrate the media, how to confound the contemporary arts milieu and how to question images. Several videos and an installation will be shown.
- Sophy Rickett (GB) - Photographies - january 23rd - march 23rd
Sophy Rickett (1970) lives and works in London. She takes photographies of nocturne landscapes whose theatrical light carries us into the realm of mise en scene, whereas this light is completely natural. The artist is thus playing with the tension between nature and artifice.
- Gaule by Jérôme Leuba (CH/F) - Film screening
Premiere: wednesday february 26th, 2003 at 7pm
and screenings from march 4th to 8th at 8pm
coproduction du Centre pour limage contemporaine
- Affaires de familles Family affairs - Installation, films, videos and lectures - 1-5 april 2003
Guy Milliard "Une noria dimages (films dune famille, 1938-2003)" - Video installation - 2 - 5 avril
In collaboration with Activités culturelles of Geneva University
- Valérie Mréjen (F) - Videos and photos - april 30th - june 22nd
Valérie Mréjens works (stories, videos and photographies) are deeply rooted in reality and autobiography. They are underlining, often in a comical way, the flaws of language. Our daily lifes absurditiy is emphasized with a subtle mixing of funniness and gravity.
- Marco Poloni (CH) - Installation - april 30th - june 22nd
Marco Poloni works on the gap between reality and its representation. For the Centre for contemporary image, the artist will present a new device in real-time with models and observation cameras. This construction raises in the audience the feeling of back and forth between reality and its representation.
- Sandra Senn (CH) - Photographies - september 3rd - october 19th
- Jonas Dahlberg (Sweden) - september 3rd - october 19th
- 10th Biennial of Moving Images - November 7th- December 14th
- Vidéos poésies
27 November 2003 at 8:30 pm
at the Centre for Contemporary Images, St-Gervais Geneva
in the context of Textes in performance
27-29 November 2003
International symposium organized by Geneva University.
Bernard Meister, La lettre du roi, 1982, 24'
Silvie et Cherif Defraoui, Exposition/Surexposition, 1992, 17'30''
Aimé Jolliet, Michel Butor, les nuages de Magellan, 1985, 8'
Gary Hill, Black/White Text, 1980, 7'
Gary Hill, Why Do Things get in a Muddle?, 1984, 32'